Friday, March 30, 2012

It's My Party

Thirty one years ago today at 10:45am I graced the world with my presence.  We always joke that I arrived just in time or breakfast since I have never been able to go without it.  Alot of people think I'm crazy when I talk about my birthday like it's the best thing in the world, like it's Christmas.  I like to throw myself parties, buy a fantastic cake, and invite all of the people who have helped make the last year what it was.  Why? Because I can.

I have to say I've really been enjoying getting older.  Slowly you figure out who you are, what you believe in, what you don't, how you want people to perceive you, and ,eventually, that you don't care if people don't like what you come up with. With each passing year I learn something more about myself, about my husband, about the world, and I'm thankful for that.  I view my birthday not as adding another year to the toll, but as another year I have been given to explore my surroundings. To be thankful for what I've been given and what I've worked hard to get.   

So thank you to everyone who has been a part of this past year and to everyone who will be a part of the next one.  I genuinely look forward to what is in store!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!! YES, it is your day and you can celebrate if you want to. :D Isn't getting older fabulous? I hope your breakfast was amazing!

    ReplyDelete