Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How The Carb Zombie Got Her Groove Back

Don't let anyone ever tell you that things are easy post competition, because they're not. Not even for the people who have sponsors for everthing from their supplements to their underwear and spend all day working out.  The difference between those people and the rest of us folk is that they're paid to eat chicken and tuna and workout 5 hours every day while I'm paid to sit at a desk, filling orders from customer who phone my company. 

What I'm getting at is that the "beautiful people" have a driving force to keep eating clean, to keep hitting those workouts long after the tan has worn off.  As where we go back to work, back to life, and in most cases back to slacking off and eating crap.  This is where I'm currently at.  I lost my groove so I had to go find it.  I decided to go look in an actual gym with one of my jacked girl friends who is less than 2 weeks out from competition.  She kicked my ass all over the place and my groove was found!  I think some time in the future I'll get myself a gym membership simply because I'm limited with what I have at home and to keep things different and motivating so I don't get bored.  In the meantime, I'll still pick up heavy things and put them down in my basement but take the occasional trip outside of the cage with a friend or my hubby. :)

Any at home lifters out there? What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment