Monday, May 28, 2012

Soldiering On

This weekend I had the privilage of freezing my butt off with hundreds of other people for the Royal Canadian Air Force Run.  I was there with my sponsors, Gorilla Jack, in our merchandise tent who also were raising money for the Soldier On foundation. If you don't know Soldier On helps out retired military personel and their families who have experienced permanent injury or illness while serving.  If you want more info you can go to the Soldier On website here. http://www.cfpsa.com/en/corporate/soldieron/index.asp

Anyway, the day couldn't have been worse weather wise. Actually I suppose it could have, it could have been snowing but instead we got heavy rains, gale force winds, and a temperature of about +3C. Despite the crappy conditions the spirits of the runners were still high. They were going to do what they came to do, and they did.  I have to admit it was highly inspiring to watch them march out with the bag pipers leading the pack, the rain pouring down, and not one backing down. 

It's days like yesterday that give me the little lifts that I've been needing lately. I've been making alot of excuses for eating bad foods and not working out and I know it's effecting my moods and my body of course. Some times I wonder if I'll ever have the crazy determination my friends do or even that the pros do.  It just seems like I can't keep the motivation once the competition is done.  I like to think it didn't come naturally to everyone who's soldiering on 24/7, I like to think I'm not the only one who struggles with everyday life. I'm pretty sure I'm right, but if I'm wrong don't tell me. Ignorance is pure bliss. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment