Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fountain of Youth

It's amazing the reaction I receive when I tell people I'm 30.  They scoff in disbelief then ask what my secret is.  Alot of it obviously has to do with good genes but those only get you so far if you decide to abuse your body.  You want to know what the real secret is?

Water.

I kid you not.  Your kitchen tap is the most valuable tool in keeping your skin and body looking younger!  Ok, well that and sunscreen but this blog is called fountain of youth not bottle of youth.

Our bodies are 55% - 78% water depending on body size and when you're not consuming enough you are basically drying yourself out. I know I'm really over generalizing things but if you're not already, start by consuming 1 full litre of water a day then work your way up to 2.  This can include your coffee and tea if you wish.  Try this out for a full month (but continue afterwards of course) and keep notes of how you feel, changes in your body, etc.  You'd be surprised at what a little H2O can do.

1 comment:

  1. I've read that being dehydrated can seriously deplete you in the afternoon. Not over-doing it on the carbs and staying hydrated can help the afternoon attention span. :) Our bodies can be the coolest thing if you try to understand it. You=generally. ;)
    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete