Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Balancing Act

Some days this post comp balance shit can really suck.  Let's be real, most of us can't just go back to "normal life".  I still have to weigh my food, portion everything out, and keep the junk to a minimum.  In truth I don't mind really, I've been doing it for the last 5 months so I feel out of sorts if I don't plan things the same way.  But my body is still adjusting to food in general and my appetite is INSANE!  I inhaled 6 pieces of pizza last night and stopped myself for going back again because I knew it would be bad news. Oddly enough my body didn't blink an eye at the pizza but it reacts over protein pancakes.  Go effing figure.

I'm back to working out this week, which feels fantabulous.  Again one of those things that made me feel out of sorts, not hitting the weights right after work.  I may do a couple of sessions a week of morning HIIT just to defluff a tad plus I just feel better when I wake up early and do something with myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping, and I'm REALLY good at it, but the day just goes better when I've done a few interval sprints in the morning.

For now the plan is maintenance.  WAY easier said than done but I think I'm doing relatively well considering.  I haven't touched my scale in about 5 days which is the way I want to keep it.  I know those things are pure evil so why not practice what I preach??  I think it's currently hidden under rolls of toilet paper which, for a procrastinator, is clearly too much work. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment