Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Brain Game

For those who are just starting to follow along you will notice I will mention "Carbzombie" alot. This is the name I gave myself last season during prep because my brain was screaming for carbs. Oh the life of a competitor!  Of course our brains make it seem ALOT worse than it is. Heck I've been "dieting" since March but it's been on MY terms. As soon as I decide to make a commitment and cut out the extra options it's like a switch is flipped and out comes the Carbzombie.
"What do you mean we can't have eggs with 12 grain bread on the weekend anymore???"

"What do you mean no yam fries????"


"Not the avocado!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

It's not that my brain wants to eat junk food, it's that it wants feel like it has the freedom to choose. So this is what I'm going to do for the next 4 months. I'm going to have the mentality that I am choosing all of my meals. That I'm not following a plan and all of this is free will.  Technically it is but I know you see my point. 

All in all the next 4 months WILL be amazing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aloha Chantelle, I came across your blog through a group I am in for FBW and the name of your blog sparked my interest =) I want to read more and will, but I wanted u to know I love your blog and the content is fun. No matter how far we get or how good we are at what we do in our fitness lifestyles there is always more to learn from each other..

    I am following a handful of other blogs, and I have included your blog in that handful =) I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    Debra
    http://islandgurl1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete