Monday, November 14, 2011

Diet and Everyday Life

Good day Carbzombies!!!
I am 2 weeks into contest prep and surprisingly I'm doing ok! Last year I was highly stressed with family issues and it triggered my emotional eating urges almost every day.  This year my family and I are in a better emotional place which means I have a lot more control over my urges and cravings.  Sure I'm dying for a HUGE breakfast that rhymes with Beggs Penedict but I'm surpressing that. lol 

I plan on taking updated progress pictures either tonight or tomorrow to show what I've done over the last 2 weeks. I can't believe the difference to be honest. I truly think my muscle memory and the hard work I put in during my off season is to thank for my progress thus far.  I have my second assessment tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers!


In 3 weeks I'm attending my company Christmas party and not only is it tough enough to stick to dieting during the holidays but this Christmas party is taking place 6 hours from where I live.  I think I'm going to pre cook and pack food for my lunches for sure. Breakfasts and dinners are the easiest thing to work around I find but lunch, lunch can be tough. Lunch always leaves me tempted.  Breakfast I can bring oatmeal and find some egg whites. Supper is usually a HUGE salad and chicken. Both are easy enough to find at the buffet. But lunch, lunch is my Carb Zombie's kryptonite.


To add another twist in the road when I return from said Christmas party I am off to Montreal on a business related trip. It's only for a few days but like a pro I've already checked out the menus at the hotel and the gym amentities.  Fail to plan, plan to fail right??  All in all I hope those 6 days should be interesting.


What are your plans for sticking to your goals over the holidays? Avoiding the lunch room at work? Pre planning meals for functions? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I can absolutely relate to the eggs benedict. Everything about it. I won't go into the details of how badly I wanted hollandaise all through my last prep. LOL!
    I am sticking to my goals over the holidays. I've had a good off-season and plan on continuing in that thru the New Year. However, cheats are going to be planned... which will make my lunch times always prepped with good clean stuff. :)
    What show are you doing again?
    Good luck in your prep! Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete